We had loads on our agenda to share and discuss this morning and in our hour and half meet-up we covered a lot of relevant HR topics:
- HR databases (HRIS)- comparisons of what is on the marketing and what people have used and recommendations (pros and cons of various providers)
- 360 degree appraisals - what works well and how feedback is given
- Outsourced payroll - recommendations from the group
- Applicant Tracking Systems - their role in an HRIS
- TUPE case
- UK employees working abroad and living in other countries - ER implications and tax rules
- International Employment Lawyers - Recommendations for various countries
- Recommendations for good and cost effective sales training
- HR info systems - comparison of what's on the market, recommendations from the group on various companies.
- Bonus scheme design -what works, comparisons and recommendations from the group
What a productive session! We also had people in the group offering to meet other members outside the normal meet-ups to further discuss these topics.
That's the great thing about our diverse niche group - someone else will have experienced something that the other hasn't and can share their knowledge and experience.
So there is no need to be a lone HR practitioner anymore. In our group it's like being in one large friendly and supportive HR team.
So if you are in a standalone HR role or an HR person in an SME (with a small team) this is the group for you.
Click here to request to join.